The Chinese government, through the African Union is offering scholarships to young Africans to study varying courses at various universities in China.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (University): Scholarships will be taken in the following universities (See list of universities below
Fields of Study: Various (Click to view acceptable fields of study in the various university links)
About the Award: The Department of Human Resources, Science, and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role of coordinating AU programs in education and human resource development; science, technology and innovation and youth empowerment.
The Department provides technical support to Member States in the development and implementation of programs towards harmonization, intra-African collaboration, and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields as contribution to the attainment of AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity in Africa. The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the AU through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable Africans to study in China for the 2017/2018 academic year.
Type: Masters, Training
- The scholarships are open to all African nationals who meet the Admission requirements below
- The language of instruction shall be English
- Candidate with potential, motivation and desire to play trans-formative roles in Africa, are encouraged to apply
Admission Requirements: Candidates applying for Masters programs must fulfill the following
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university with at least a second class upper or its equivalent, in a relevant field
- Maximum of 32 years
- Fluency in English as it is the teaching language
- Candidate may be willing to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection
List of Universities:
- China Agricultural University – 2017 Master of Management
- China Women’s University – 2017 Master of Social Work in
- Southern Medical University – 2017 Master of Public Health
- Communication University of China – 2017 Master of Intern
- Beijing Jiaotong University – 2017 Master of Traffic
- Peking University – 2017 Master of Public Policy
- Tsinghua University – 2017 IMPA Program
- Peking University – 2017 Master and Ph.D. Programs
- Tsinghua University – 2017 Master of Public Administration
- Central University of Finance and Economics – 2017
- Shanghai National Accounting Institute – 2017 Master
- Nanjing Audit University – 2017 Master of Auditing
- Tongji University – 2017 Master of Environmental Management
- Zhejiang Normal University – 2017
Value of Program: The scholarship will cover the cost related to teaching and the administration of the university and the living expenses of the students from the fund of the foreign aid, supervising thesis.
- The cost related to teaching includes tuition, teaching materials, field trips and study tours.
- The basic living expenses include the accommodation, living allowances, the one-time settlement fee, and the medical insurance. Of which, the 3000 RMB of settlement fee will be given to the students in one time.
- The living allowances (36000 RMB/year for Master students and 42000RMB/year for Doctor students) will be given to the students on a monthly basis. All the other funds will be managed by the university or Chinese.
Duration of Program: Duration of program
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how the qualification will enable you serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any
- Certified copies of relevant Certificates, transcripts and personal details page of national passport (at least 6 months validity)
- Clear, colored passport photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees, one professional referee
- Health certificate.