Nigeria Immigration Service has banned cash payments for passport processing as part of efforts to eliminate corruption at all passport offices nationwide.
NIS spokesperson, Sunday James, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.
He said the Comptroller General of the NIS, Muhammad Babandede, had directed that henceforth all procedures for passport processing must be done online.
He said the NIS boss had, in a circular, directed all passport control officers not to allow payments in any of the passport premises.
General Procedures for Passport Application:
- Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal
- Locate & click on the appropriate application form to start the process:
- e-Passport Application Form
- MRP – Passport Application Form (Not Applicable In All Missions)
- Select a passport type “Standard e-Passport” OR “Official e-Passport”, then click on ‘Start Application’ button.
- Fill the Application form; check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’ check box then click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’